I wake up and the first thing I do is grab my headphones. Comfortable and all mine, I have a playlist for any kind of mood. It puts me in my own world; me and my headphones. Started to block out the noise for the world, but they also help me fuel however I’m feeling. They always take it up a notch; my headphones basically talk to my soul when nobody else is there to talk to. Sometimes it feels that way. Every day the same; wake up, go down stairs, grab my lunch, walk to school, come home to the same cleaned room, throw my stuff down, sleep, then repeat. I live with my Dad but he doesn’t have time for me. Sometimes I don’t even think he knows I’m around…
The walk to school is the same every day as well; usually rainy and grey. Seems every day I walk this is the weather. I can’t remember a day I walked without the rain. I put my hoodie up to keep as much of the rain out of my face as possible, also with my headphones I can seclude myself in my own little world. Somewhere on my walk I realize these shoes are worn down from walking every day. I’d ask my dad but he probably wouldn’t want to hear it. Somewhere else down the block I notice it’s about time for new clothes as well, but that’s the same category as the shoes. I coast through school, one headphone in, that way I still hear what I feel like hearing and only partially catch the rest of the stuff. Sometimes I hear bits of the nonsense…something about happiness or change or some Kum Ba Yah nonsense…School ends, rain starts, and I head home.
There was a day though that something changed; the day my dad and I crossed paths. He caught me on a day when my music of choice wasn’t helping the situation. He said, “hey”, and I mumbled something back. Then he asked, “how ya been?”…. “Is this a joke?”, I asked, “I haven’t talked to you in how long and you ask how I’ve been? Like you even care”. He smiled, (which really ticked me off), “You really don’t think I care?”, he asked, “You couldn’t care less about what’s going on in my life”, I said while leaning back in my chair. I walk to school in the rain, in the same old clothes, in the same busted shoes and sit in my room and we don’t even talk.”….waiting for his response he began smiling again… “Have you noticed your lunch is there for you every day when you come downstairs?”…”yeah”, I said. “Do you realize I get up an extra hour everyday to make it for you…your favorite foods…I get up because I love you and want you to have what you like. Have you noticed something about your walk to school?”, he said. “Noticed what?”, I asked. “Have you noticed the new pairs of shoes by the door? Or the fact that you never have to dry off when you get to school? I walk with an umbrella over you every day; it’s my morning exercise but it’s the time I get with you…It may rain all around you but I make sure to keep you away from most of it, same for when you’re out of school.”, He said. “Why would you walk all the way to school?”, I asked. He replied, “Son my favorite part of my day is walking with you, keeping you safe through the storm. I also make your bed for you because I feel you have a lot going on so I clean up behind the scenes so that you don’t have to worry about those things. I’ve always been around but I just figured when you have your headphones on that you don’t want to talk. I know kids want their space but I’m always close and always around if you ever need to talk, and if you ever need anything all you have to do is ask.” It was then that I realized it wasn’t that my dad was ignoring me, He was just waiting on me to say I needed him and he was respecting the space I postured myself to receive…This man walked through storms with me, left gifts, made sure I ate the things I loved, and cleaned behind me to relieve stress. I had to have a moment of honesty with myself that if there was a gap with me and dad, it was because of me.
Many people walk through life like the boy with the headphones when it comes to God, only seeing their circumstances, their walk that feels alone, etc. Sadly they fail to realize there is a Heavenly Father that walks with you every step of the way and is just waiting for you to come to him to talk and tell him anything you need. Just like the father he will not force his way into your life, it’s up to you to come to him, and until then your will live through the perspective similar to the boy from the story. Please don’t let another day go by without starting a relationship talking to our Heavenly Father. He’s walking with you, waiting for you to put your headphones down, and talk to him.
Quick parable about relationships.
There were two families in identical houses. On normal sunny days there were really no differences. It wasnt until the day of the rain the differnece was shown. When the rain came it exposed leaks that both couples had in their houses. They dug a runoff trench to prevent water from flooding the house. It was hardwork but they did it.The first couple worked together as a team. The husband would clog 2 or three holes while the wife found something to block them up with, then she would clog while the husband found things to patch up the holes. Although many holes showed up, through their system they were able to patch up the many holes, place pots to catch water and anything they could do. Seeing they accomplished their goal they looked back and laughed at their creativity…and lived happily ever after…
A different story was told of the second home. The wife proclaimed in the first 5minutes of starting the trench that she was not cut out for this, leaving her husband to attempt all alone, unfortunately he was not able to finish in time.When the storms came for them the husband began to clog the holes but the wife sat and pointed at the many holes appearing. She felt there was nothing she could do so it was simply best for her to point out the holes. As the husband would move to fix a hole more holes would show, and some of the holes actually became bigger. He tried all he could as his wife simply pointed out hole after hole…noticing the water level rise he gave up and helped his wife get to the highest point of the house. As when she was safe a window burst and the racing water was swept out, pulling the husband out right along with him…never again seen by the wife.
Moral of the story:
There will be times where hardwork is necessary in relationships. But it is a lot more productive when both are working together instead of just one alone to do all the work. Secondly have a system In place to prevent the “floods” in life from rising around your relationship. Next, instead of always inly pointing out whats wrong with the home…try helping to fix the situation. Your spouse sees just as many “holes” as you do, but their actually trying to do something about it. Lastly appreciate what you have bc you never know what may sweep it away from you.
There are times you will feel like the world only wants to take from you,
There are time where it will seem there is no point in caring for others,
There will be times where it seems you won’t have time for others,
Give more of it.
There will be times it seems love only gets you hurt,
There will be times life tries to take your smile away,
The world will be become serious in order to silence your laugh,
There will be things that come up to take away your focus,
You will feel that the information you’ve learned is for your own personal advantage
You will feel that you you barely have enough for you to survive or be happy,
There will be times where you feel you are at your wits end about to lose it,
There will be people who hurt you beyond understanding,
There will be circumstances that will seem impossible to overcome,
Overcome them anyway.
There will be times where average feels comfortable,
Leave your comfort zone
There will be people who want you to fit in with the norm of mediocrity,
There will be those who try to hinder your growth,
There will be times you don’t feel qualified to bless others,
This is when you bless the most.
Love y’all, Stay blessed, Grow yourself
Asked some of the female followers of Self Growth what they would like to see changed in their man. Addressing the topics and answering questions.
What’s your position in the “Game” of life? Quick video that goes over the different roles that people play in life when it comes to bringing the game together. A way to analyze it for yourself and make necessary adjustments.
Quick video, giving a perspective on how you can stay positive, despite friction in life.
1.Do you know what an attack looks like?
– Can you recognize why certain things happen to upset you.
– Have you ever had bad things happen, just as life is going good.
– Do you know that you won’t simply be allowed to succeed.
– can you separate emotions in order to think clearly.
– Do you know if someone can flare up a certain emotion they can almost make you act however they want.
– Do you know that most bad decisions are made after an emotional attack.
– Do you know that a lot of great opportunities are missed bc of a lack of control after an attack.
– Have you realized that most attacks are never a physical one (meaning no physical harm done), only mentally and emotionally bc that’s where most people are the weakest.
2. Do you know that there’s an adversary
-Do you know there’s someone who’s against you.
-Do you know there’s someone willing to do anything to keep you drifting in life.
– Do you know it’s going to be a fight to protect your thoughts.
– Do you know there’s someone who influences people around you.
– Do you know there’s someone who wants you to live in fear.
– Do you know there someone who doesn’t ever want you to realize your self worth.
-Do you know there’s someone who wants you to live selfishly.
-Do you know there’s someone who will lie to you to keep you below your abilities.
3. Do you know he wants to keep you distracted
– Have you ever made a positive decision and immediately something goes wrong.
– Have you ever made a decision for long term great and been distracted by temporary good.
– Have close friends done or said hurtful things when you need them?
-Can you recognize a distraction.
-Can you stay focused on the big picture.
– Do you know that hell use family as a distraction.
– Do you know he will use friends as a distraction.
– Do you know that hanging around weak minded non-ambitious people increases your chance of issues. (Because their mind is easier for him to control)
4. Do you know that you playing average makes him happy
– Do you know a mind not focused on a major goal is easier to control.
– Do you know playing on a larger scale influences others to do the same.
– Do you know playing average allows others to do the same.
– Do you know he doesn’t want you at your potential.
– Do you know self confidence scares him bc he can’t fill your head with lies.
5. Do you know that he’s beatable.
– Do you know that he can’t control you if you live in faith.
– Do you know that if you make your self strong with the truth, he can’t prey on your weaknesses.
-Do you know he’s already been beaten.
– Do you know he only has the power you allow him to have in your life.
– Do you know knowing who you are beats him.
– Do you know that knowing who’s you are beats him.
-Do you know he can only distract your purpose, be he can’t stop it.
– Do you know that living in faith makes him powerless.
-Do you know that you are loved.
– Do you know that you are forgiven.
– Do you know that you are worth more then you could ever imagine.
– Do you know that there are plans for you to be prosperous and to live abundantly, and all you have to do is stay faithful.
Stay Blessed, Love y’all, Grow Yourself
All Things Tennis and Baseball for You
Welcome To My Blog
An amateur poetry blog, just as simple minded as its author. One part emotion, two parts delusion and a sprinkle of aimless positivity.
As Cuties of Colombia we're lifting our great Nation.
Spread Positive Vibes. Give Love. Be Happy.
Knowledge and Happiness(K&H) multiples by dividing it. More you share, higher and bigger they grow.
Just another WordPress.com site
The world can be amazing when you are slightly … strange!
Driven Woman is a network for women with ideas and ambition who want to achieve their goals
A Haiku a week. Mined from my dreams.
Be a Leader in Your Own Life
Hello & Welcome!! I'm Kecia...a wife, a mother of 2 black labradors, an 8th grade science teacher, a triathlete, a yogi, a lover of fitness and outdoor adventures. Come with me on my journey as I push my limits and cross new finish lines!!
Stock Market Magic : The Proven Strategy and Selections of The Apprentice Millionaire Program
The Blog that wishes to motivate
scratching things inside my head